- Monthly costs were running at $150 as Appengine and compute engine don’t have appropriate free tiers.
- Although in the cloud, I still had to worry a little about firewalls, load balancing and managing servers.
- I would need to maintain SSL certificates – another cost.
- The free tier for Firebase is good enough for the majority of current usage
- I no longer have to care about infrastructure complications
- You get a free SSL certificate for custom domain with Firebase hosting
- Storing historical analytics can get expensive (and ironic since they apply to ephemeral data)
- cloud functions
- dashboard and console
- client library for google apps script