Following on from Coloring maps and other shapes, here’s a bit of fun that takes the tables of Pantone colors of the year dealt with in Selection of pantone ramps, and applies them to a piece of clip art.
How to set up and use
Name the shapes
Update the table of useful shape names
Store the original colors
Get a palette
Tweaking the colors
- You change the cell next to each shapename to a formula that references a cell in the palette that is colored the way you want.
- So in this case, we would like the shape ‘hatTop’, to be the color ’emerald’.
- Cell L2 is colored emerald.
- Cell I2, which will be the color used for the shape hatTop, needs the formula hexColorOf(L2).
- This will change the color of I2 to emerald, and also populate it with the rgb value of that color in hex, as used in web pages.
- Tweak any other cells in the same way till you get all the colors you want.
Applying the Tweaks
Restoring the original colors