The target application
- Runs code locally on the browser that is hosted on Google Apps Script
- Can create palettes and color ramps by applying the algorithms developed for Color Matching in GAS
- Accesses color scheme data that is held in Parse.com
- The use of promises will help to implement the async nature of this app so that database lookups are non- intrusive.
More color schemes
How to use
- Enter the html code for the color you are interested in and create details
- Select the color scheme in which you want to find the closest matches and create palettes. I’ve loaded 4 so far. It’s easy to load more. If you have a scheme you’d like to load let me know.
- Various ramps and palettes will be created by searching the selected scheme for the closest matching colors. Here’ we’ll see the 5 nearest colors in the scheme, and various palettes based on hue, lightness and saturation using a couple of different models. In each case, the closest match in the selected scheme to the ideal color is shown.
The nearest color match
This strip shows 5 colors separated by saturation, using a couple of different color models